Monica Donaldson Stewart is the managing attorney for the law firm of Donaldson Stewart PC, where she practices in all aspects of family law, including collaborative divorce and family law mediation. She also serves as a Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Court, conducting nearly 100 settlement conferences in family law matters since 2007.
Monica received her B.S. degree (summa cum laude, 1993) and her J.D. degree (1997) from Arizona State University. During law school, Monica participated in a semester-long mediation training clinic and in 2009, she completed her first collaborative training with the Collaborative Divorce Institute. Since that time she has trained extensively in both mediation and collaborative divorce practice. Monica believes that divorcing couples and their children benefit when they are given have the opportunity to reach settlements without the court’s intervention, and that mediation and the collaborative divorce process offer that opportunity. Monica’s philosophy is that “litigating to win” is not the only way to divorce.
Monica is a member of the Collaborative Professionals of Phoenix (CPP), currently serving on the Executive Board, as well as the International Association of Collaborative Professionals (IACP). She served as the president of the East Valley Bar Association (EVBA) in 2008 and 2009, and served as the Treasurer of that organization from 2010 through 2019. She currently serves as EVBA Secretary. Monicaalso served on the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization from 2009 to 2020 and served as the Secretary of the Maricopa County Association of Family Mediators (MCAFM) from 2018-2020. In 2013, Monica was selected as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” and in 2019 and 2020, she was selected as a Southwest Super Lawyer. She is also a participating attorney and contributing author for Best Legal Choices, a directory of Collaborative professionals and resources.
Current Employment Position
- Managing Attorney
- Arizona State University, College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- B.S. - 1993
- Major: Political Science
- Arizona, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1997
- Monica was Selected for Inclusion in SuperLawyers Southwest Rising Stars from 2012-2013
- Monica was Selected as a 2019 and 2020 Southwest Super Lawyer.
- Collaborative Professionals of Phoenix, Executive Board Member, Present
- Arizona's Finest Attorneys, 2011 to Present
- Maricopa County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem, Present
- East Valley Bar Association, President, 2008 to 2009
- East Valley Bar Association, Treasurer, 2009 to 2019
- Maricopa County Association of Family Mediators, Secretary, 2018 to Present
- East Valley Bar Association , Secretary , 2020 to Present